Friday, February 27, 2009

Bringing up boys...

Well, today was a good reminder to me of what is to come of my life raising a little boy. Brower is getting ready to turn two. If you ask him how old he is, he'll hold up his hand in an attempt to show two fingers and say "do". He has such a fun personality. He has just started to try to hide what he is doing if he knows he shouldn't do it. Today we were having a muffin at Panera with some friends and Brower got Lilee's juice box without me seeing. He turned his back to me so he was facing the back of the booth and was hiding the juice box from me. When he realized I was looking at him, he refused to look at me. He'll either do that or give me a huge cheesy grin that says "It's okay mom, I'm really cute!" He knows he's cute and his smile will get him out of anything.
The child is so full of energy and runs everywhere he goes. He is finally pretty stable on his feet, but he still runs a little out of control, usually with his head down and his fists clenched! He was playing in the car with Kate while we were waiting for a store to open and he hit his eye on something. He cried for a minute and then moved on. He now has a black eye. Tonight we were in a store after dinner and he fell and hit Kate's leg. Again, he cried for a minute, asked for a kiss and moved on. A few minutes later he had blood dripping out of his mouth and covering his hand. He had busted his lip and was bleeding but didn't care a bit. He fell at least three more times while we were in the store. I saw at least one couple gasp when he fell and of course Chad and I are so used to it, we barely even blink. He is all boy! The child looks like he got in a fight.
I can't believe my baby will be two in a few days. He is just so full of joy! He loves to perform and to be the center of attention. He loves to talk and will say (or make an attempt to say) whatever you tell him. He loves to sing. His favorite songs are Jesus Loves Me and Hallelujah. We were at the fun zone the other day and he was up in the maze singing Hallelujah! So cute! Chad always says he is like me because he doesn't like to be cold and he loves to sleep...sounds a bit like me :) What a joy it is to have a little boy! He likes to get all of his animals and line them up in the play roo. He loves "teats" (treats) and "nacks" (snacks). His favorite foods are bananas, craisins, pancakes, oatmeal and any kind of bread or crackers. He could live off of fruit and crackers. I just love learning what he likes and what makes him happy. I am so thankful to have such a precious little boy. He is such a joy!
He went to the doctor for his 2 year well check up. He talked to Dr. Adams and played with him. He weighed 25 lbs. (only 7 less than his sister) and was 32" tall. Whoo hoo Brower...he finally got out of the 10th percentile! He only had to get one shot and he did great. He was happy after getting a Mickey Mouse sticker and a "kucker" (sucker).

No comments:

Post a Comment