Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Strawberry Picking

One of my favorite things to do each summer is to take the kids strawberry picking. They love to pick the berries and eat them by the handful. I love to watch them eat the strawberries with no care in the world. We always have such great memories doing this. So Kate, Brower and I went strawberry picking on Friday. It was such a beautiful, sunny summer day. They were so excited that they got their own buckets from the farm. They headed off in search of only the "red ones"! Kate would have filled her entire bucket if I let her. She loves to search under the leaves to find the juicy ones. Once I told them they could eat one, the picking was over for Brower. All he wanted to do was eat his "berries". When it was time to leave the strawberry field, Brower had about 25 strawberries in his bucket. By the time we got to the stand to pay, I counted and he only had 7 left! He left a trail of stems and half eaten strawberries in the field....
The lady said "Is that all you got buddy?" and Brower said "yummy berries" with strawberry juice dripping down his chin onto his shirt.




No comments:

Post a Comment