Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Who's the Boss?

One afternoon Kate was being a bit sassy and telling Brower what to do (typical big sister duties) and I scolded her saying "Kate you are not the boss in this family". She looked at me and said "Mommy, you are not the boss either. God is the boss of our family!!" Part of me was angry at her for talking back and the other part of me was proud of her for knowing that God really is the boss in our family. It took me a moment and then I was proudly able to respond with "You're right, God is the boss of our family and God tells you to OBEY me!!" Since then she has proudly memorized Ephesians 6:1 which says Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
These 5 year olds sure keep me on my toes!!

1 comment:

  1. Great response, Jenn! We have a big sis/little mommy in this house, too! She gives me a run for my money somedays.

    ReplyDelete