Monday, March 16, 2009

When I grow up, I want to be...

Kate was so excited to tell me that a police officer came to visit them at shcool today and she got to sit in his car. This was our conversation when she got in the car:
K: "Mommy, you won't believe it, a police officer came to school and we got to get in his car! It was so cool, you should have been there Mommy!"
Me: Wow, that's great. You sure are lucky to get in the police officer's car.
K: Yea, Brower wasn't lucky though (always competing with her brother)
Me: What did the police officer tell you? What did you learn from him?
K: Don't touch the radio!
Me: Did you talk about strangers?
K: Yes
Me: What did he say about strangers?
K: I don't remember.
Me: Did the police officer tell you what you should do if you get lost?
K: I don't remember. But Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be a princess, a fairy AND a police officer! I got a really cool sticker that is just like the police officers!
I guess in the mind of a 4 year old, strangers and getting lost are not important. What really matters is that she got to sit in the police officer's car, she got a sticker and she has another occupation for when she gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment