Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Day of Soccer

Kate started soccer yesterday. She is playing for Colonial Baptist Church. She has been so excited to wear her new socks and cleats. When we showed up at the field, I don't think she expected so many people to be there. She got very shy and didn't want to play. She said "Mommy, are all of these people going to watch me? Are they going to laugh at me?" Such a sweet little girl. As soon as she got geared up, she forgot about all the people there and had a blast. Her coach was awesome teaching them technique but also making it really fun. At the end of practice, they got their soccer shirs. I took Kate later that day to get some new soccer shorts (they were boys, but of course I couldn't let her know that!). As soon as we got home, she ran to her room to put on her soccer shirt and shorts. She didn't want to take them off and slept in them all night. I think she is a bit excited about her new soccer uniform! Super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment