Sunday, September 20, 2009

Keeping me on my toes

So, a lot of people told me that boys are much more adventurous and mischievous than little girls. Kate is pretty daring and very tough, but Brower definitely keeps me on my toes! Yesterday, I asked Brower to go get his hands washed for lunch. Kate was already at the table eating lunch and Brower still hadn't come to sit down. I went into the bathroom to check on him and see what was taking so long. I found Brower in the bathroom with both arms up to his elbows in an overflowing sink. He somehow managed to plug the drain and fill the sink until it was overflowing all over the floor and himself. He looked at me and said "Mommy, I got wet!"
After lunch the kids went out to play in the back yard. I was cleaning up the kitchen and looked out the window to see Brower standing at the top of the slide with the bottom part of a swing on the sliding board. He was stading on the swing using it as a skateboard and trying to "skateboard" down the slide! He is only two! What am I going to do when he is 16?! I love his sense of adventure and that he loves to explore new things. One of my favorite things to see the kids do is go for a "nature hike" in our backyard. They get geared up in their boots and buckets and explore through the woods. Yesterday, they came back so excited to tell me they found a snapping turtle in the woods. Kate wanted Chad and I to get our boots on so she could show us the turtle. They love to explore and learn new things while keeping their mom on her toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment